Monday, January 29, 2007

Skills Testing

It's been longer than a week since I last posted. But I actually have an excuse. I'm fighting some kind of virus. Not really bad symptoms, except I'm really tired and have been having the full body ache.

This week we are learning about wound dressing. We're supposed to know this and NG tube insertion/feeding for skills testing next week. I was really nervous before we did NG tube insertions. But I've come to realize that it is not really hard to do it on the mannequin. The problem is to remember to do everything in the right order. And we have know why we do something. For instance, do not pack the wound too tightly, because it prevents wound contracture and capillary growth.

Plus we the first two tests for Fundamentals & Pathophysiology coming up in the next few weeks. Ugh. I'm going back to bed.

No comments: