Saturday, August 06, 2005

Note to Myself

Do you ever get that feeling when you wonder what in the world you’re thinking? Why am I still in school? What was I thinking committing myself to take all these classes? Why didn’t I just finish that master’s degree and become a librarian?

Then I remember what I wanted. I wanted a more interesting (to me) career. I wanted something where I didn’t sit all day at the computer. I wanted to someday make enough money to buy a home. (Librarians make ok money, but not as much as nurses.) I wanted a job where I could chose where I wanted to live rather than moving for the job.

And then I remember how much I’ve been enjoying anatomy and physiology (well mostly physiology.) I especially enjoy lab and yes I include the smelly dissections. In fact I think it would be cool to do more dissections with a whole human cadaver.

I remember how I went to class everyday. It wasn’t necessarily the idea that I had to go to pass the test (though some days that was all I got up for), but because it was an actually interesting. I now know more about how mononucleosis works on your immune system and have my own epidemiological theory that mono is not common in Hawaii.

So I remember this when I’m bored in class and wonder what I’m doing.

No comments: