Monday, July 11, 2005

Why nursing?

So without going into my whole bio, I thought I should say something about why I want to be a nurse.
I've been thinking about this alot since the idea first occured to me last September 2004. I think it has to do with how nursing will combine some of the things I'm interested in. Here are a few reasons:
1. I want to help people. Most of the professions I've considered have to do with helping people. I'm not what you call an extrovert, but I can't imagine not working with others, helping others.
2. Love the science.
3. Love the social science aspect of nursing. After all I was almost a psych major, and was an American Studies major.
4. Can't stand the idea of sitting all day at a desk/computer. Been there, done that.
5. Like to multitask.
6. Think I would be a great nurse.

I may add to this, as I think of new things.

No comments: