Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Goals

My long term goals:

To become a RN – I plan to go to an accelerated BSN program. I already have a BA in American Studies, but now have to do all that science I didn’t do before.

To travel around US and the World – I’ve already lived in rural Vermont (loved it), Bloomington, Indiana (ick), Seattle (loved it) & Honolulu. Really want to travel to other countries, and wouldn’t mind living in other areas of the US. I probably will move for nursing school.

To become a NP or PA – I might get some flack on not knowing whether I want to be a NP or PA. I do not even have a clue what area I want to work in - whether I should go into primary or acute care. That’s part of the reason why I want to be an RN first, to see what I want to do.

To run a Marathon – see below about getting healthy

My short term goals:

To become a CNA – to get some experience in health care.

To apply to nursing school – Don’t know if I’m doing it this year or next. Probably depends on how prepared I feel & how long I can stand living with my parents.

To get healthy – I’m trying to start running. Going very slowly because my asthma sometimes acts up & it just hurts. My long term goal is to lose some weight & maybe even run a marathon.

No comments: