Saturday, July 08, 2006

From my childhood

I was meant to go to nursing school. As a child, I loved nothing more than to lay on my Dad's tummy. I loved to listen to the burps and other noises his stomach made. He would also let me play drums on his tummy. I think he hoped that that I took after him and would become a musician.

I also loved to listen to my Mum's tummy. And I liked to look at my Mum's scalp. My Dad's scalp was there to see (he was already losing his hair before I was born.) Her hair was so dark compared to her white scalp.

And I was fascinated with my Grandma's ears. I spent many days over at Grandma and Grandpa's. After lunch, Grandma would take a bath and then put pincurls in her hair. Once I was old enough to wield a pin, I was allowed to help. Her ears were rather large, and she had these large lobes. Her ears were different from Grandpa's ears that stood straight out from his head. I definitely have Grandma's ears.

So doesn't it sound like I was meant to be a nurse. Who else would care about the sounds someone's tummy makes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your obvious excitement about starting nursing school will serve you well as you get through fundamentals. I, too, am a nursing student. I remember how geeked I was about my first day of school. I am excited for you. Good luck and as busy as you will get, keep posting to your blog. It will be a good outlet.

Anonymous said...

I've linked to you from Mediblogopathy. Feel free to pick up a NurseBlogs logo badge if you like! Good luck with school! :)

-HK